An understanding of the principles of fires and explosions are critical to identifying how a fire will start and spread, the former of which is known as primary fire hazards, each of which has the ability to initiate or start a fire, or exacerbate a fire. These elements will be required when completing a fire risk assessment. Explosion and fire are interlinked in that on many occasions; fire occurs after an explosion, it is therefore essential that those involved with fire safety and risk management have a basic knowledge of the causes and properties of explosion, particularly in relation to processes involving gases and dusts which will be thoroughly covered in this course.
Training Course Details/Schedule
Properties of flammable and explosive materials:
- Properties of solids, liquids and gases.
- The fire triangle
- Ignition sources
- Mechanisms of explosion and fire spread
- Stages of combustion
- Mechanisms of vapour cloud explosions and control of vapour phase explosions
Dust explosions and behaviours of structure and materials in fire:
- Dust explosions
- Behaviour of buildings in fire
- Levels of fire resistance
- Behaviours of common materials in a fire
- Examples of fire incidents
Fire and explosion prevention and protection:
- Structural protection
- Segregation of flammable, combustible and incompatible materials
- Key features of plant design and process control
- Hazardous area zoning
- Exclusion of ignition sources
- Methods of explosion relief
- Mechanical and systems failures to Major accidents
Workplace fire risk assessment:
- Fire hazards and the assessment of risk
- The 5 steps to fire risk assessment
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Principal components of alarm systems
- Fixed and portable fire fighting equipment
Means of escape:
- Provision and maintenance of means of escape
- General requirements – travel distance, stairs and passageways
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Fire wardens and their role
- Personal emergency evacuation plans
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.