The reactive power management in power system is a major issue in optimal power system operation. Reactive power management mainly affect the system voltage level and the system losses. The scope of this course is to enable the participants to have an in-depth understanding of the applications, overall theory and essential issues relevant to daily operation and maintenance of reactive power management and power factor correction.
Training Course Details/Schedule
Reactive Power Compensation Devices
- Real and Reactive Power
- Calculating the Power
- Factor for a System
- Typical Power Factor for System Components
Capacitor Banks Types
- Capacitor Banks
- Synchronous Condensers
- Shunt Reactors
- Calculating the Optimum Size of Power Compensation Devices
- Payback Period for Compensation Devices
Protection of Capacitor Banks over Current Protection
- IEEE Standards for Capacitor Banks
- Manufacturer Tolerances
- Voltage Rating
- KVAR Rating
- Series and Parallel Groups
- Over voltage Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Unbalance Protection
- Back to Back Switching
Power Factor Correction and Voltage
- What are Harmonics
- Sources of Harmonics
- Effect of Harmonics on Capacitor Banks
- Protecting Capacitor Banks against Excessive Harmonic Voltages and Current
Microprocessors and Capacitor Bank Controllers
- Optimum Location of Capacitor Banks
- Calculating Voltage Rise due to Placement of Capacitor Banks
- Issues in Starting Motors using Capacitor Start
- Avoid_pelatihaning Harmful Resid_pelatihanual Voltages
- Voltage Relays
- NO-VAR Controllers
- Micro-processor Schemes
Load Tap Changers
Static Compensation Equipment
- Selecting the Parameters of a Distribution System
- Calculating Voltage Drops in a Distribution System
- Voltage Regulation in Distribution Systems using
Capacitor Control and Testing
- Static VAR Compensators
- UPFC Devices
- Comparison between the Various Static Compensation Devices
- VAR optimization in transmission system
- Capacitor control
- Microprocessor based capacitor bank controller
- Regulations for distribution systems
- Power capacitor standards and testing
- Testing Standards
- Testing Procedures
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provid_pelatihaned during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.