Training Upgrading Informal Settlement Projects and Landscape Management
Training Course Description
With half of the world’s population living in cities today, poverty is increasingly becoming an urban phenomenon. The world population living in slums, currently estimated to be one billion, will probably double by 2025 and triple in the following two decades. These challenges will require not only unprecedented political will and financial resources, but also sustained and broader capacity development efforts, supporting those institutions and individ_pelatihanuals charged with planning and managing urban upgrading and slum prevention.
The course is designed to enable urban practitioners to acquire basic knowledge and skills on how to design and manage a slum upgrading intervention effectively, while situating it within a broader policy and institutional environment.
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities of existing and future informal settlements
- Understanding the key policy approaches to address these in different contexts
- Analyzing the key operational design aspects of an upgrading intervention
- Learning from real cases and practitioners’ experiences
- Applying the knowledge and skills gained into the design of their own upgrading projects
- Learning how to manage infrastructure, land, housing, social inclusion, financing, and operational management
Who Should Attend?
- Policy makers and urban practitioners
- National and subnational government officials
- CSOs and private sector officials
- Anyone planning to become more effective in upgrading informal settlement projects
Training Course Details/Schedule
- The case for upgrading
- Estimating the number of informal settlements
- Planning a slum upgrading project
- Improving infrastructure
- Basic services in slum
- Estimating the number of households who live in informal settlements
- Financing a slum upgrading project
- Land regularization in upgrading
- Profile of households and families
- Improving shelter conditions
- Social dimensions of upgrading
- Health and Education
- Sustaining Improvements
- Landscape plants
- Contemporary landscaping designs
- Insects, disease and weeds control
- Lawn and landscape maintenance
- Landscape power equipment operation
- Conclusions and recommendations
All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
FREE Consultation and Coaching provid_pelatihaned during and after the course.
Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor, Cirebon, Solo, Semarang, Surabaya, Malang, Bali, Lombok, Samarinda, Balikpapan, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Makassar, Medan, Palembang, Lampung, serta Timor Leste, Thailand, Singapore, dan Kuala Lumpur (dengan harga dan minimal kuota yang berbeda).
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training Pelatihan ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.